Saturday, November 8, 2008

3 - 0

3-0 . Thirty. Three decades. Almost a third of the way to 100. arg.

i won't say "old". but lets say that this has not been my favorite birthday. i think its the whole milestone thing. I was okay with 21 (duh). I had a little trouble with 25...only because it put me in the mid-twenties. but 30 is a little harder. nobody says (when you are 30) "oh, don't worry, you're still young, there's plenty of time to....." (fill in the blank....go to college, switch careers, etc.) you are supposed to have it all figured out by 30...right?

i guess 30 just seems "Grown Up" to me. not that the house, the husband, the two kids and one on the way, the closing in on a decade in the classroom, blah, blah, blah, don't feel grown up....i don't know. i guess i am not explaining myself well.

and i found that i have the starts of wrinkles between my eyebrows. i am sure it is from constantly giving students a look that plainly states "what the hell?". i guess i gotta stop that.

oh well....i gotta go clean the house

1 comment:

B.O.L.T. said...

Something that took me most of my life to figure out!! Only finally got it about 2 years back...hope the rest of you get it sooner than me...... ------Life is not about finding yourself.. it's all about creating yourself.