Wednesday, April 27, 2011

my top 20

my top 20 favorites....
....today....and not really in order. really. especially to the people i name specifically. not in order.

1. my kids (i know that is cheating, but one day, should they learn to read, and happen upon this post, and one is listed before the other two, i am sure that i will regret not lumping them together)

2. my family. (again, sort of cheating....but i love them all, and they love me too, and i just want them to know i really really really really appreciate the love and support they give me without end)

3. pickles. (really, i love pickles. first choice, best maid hamburger slices. second choice, the giant big best maid pickles.)

4. photo albums

5. that first truly cool day (usually in late september) that lets you know that the texas summer won't last forever, and that fall will be here soon

6. a night at home with my besties/family, playing board games (or video games) and grilling and cooking together with all our kids

7. whiskey

8. sheets right out of the dryer, in the winter

9. snow days

10. emily and susan (who are there for me anytime, to LITERALLY hold my hand if needed, and offer unconditional love and support, time, and just anything else you could think of. they are the best, best, best)

11. modern family, parenthood, nightline, and swamp people (i'm a little embarrassed to cop to the last one)

12. a freshly mowed lawn. and by the same token, a just vacuumed rug. (i know that's strange)

13. a skinny cinnamon dolce latte

14. my bff's at school (steph and cathy especially. i can't even imagine dragging my butt to school some days. but i know y'all would be p.o.'d if i didn't show...plus, how could i ever be as organized at steph if i don't show up! haha)

15. reading blogs. naturally my friends, my family's, pioneer woman (thanks em), and the people who don't know i love to read them....

16. going to a farmers market with the kids. they love to eat what they buy. yea, it often costs more, but if they eat it...its worth it.

17. cake. (the band, not the food. ok, i do also like cake the food. but not lately for some reason. but the newest cake cd, many of those songs just really click with me right now)

18. baseball

19. books. my poor, neglected books. i love to read. anything. i am a nerd.

20. did i mention my family? man, do i love them all! my parents and step-parents. my in-laws (?) are sweet. my brother and cousin...and children who belong to them. all the assorted aunts and uncles, both sides. and my sister and brother in laws...i could NOT have married into a better family...and i love you all. thank you.

and like i said, at any point, many of those things could change. i mean, i left off grilled cheese, swimming, twisted root,happy hour, fuel city tacos, extra recess, that jelly-legs feeling after you really push yourself when you jog, naps....

No comments: