Wednesday, March 7, 2012

hello?

is there anybody in there?
just nod if you can hear me.
is there any one home?

pink floyd. hee, hee

ok, so i haven't posted in a while. and yes, my life is busy. most of the time i feel like i am mopping up a tsunami with a q-tip. but that will be another post. anyways, i got all worried that i had inadvertently put too much out there about the children of the corn. so i went back and edited all 86 posts (in one sitting, in a hard chair, and my @$$ may never wake up) and gave my kids nicknames. it won't detract from the writing. (hahaha) my oldest girl is called little mama now. it fits. my son is simply the boy. and my youngest daughter....well, many, many, many nicknames popped into my head. but they also probably would be brought up later "in session" so i avoided those, even though they are quite accurate. and landed on calling my littlest sweetpea. cause most of the time she is. plus, its easier to understand than "honeybadger" which may be funny now (and also more apropos) but will not involve me using old you tube videos to explain to sweetpea when she's older.i also almost went with calling sweetpea "the third" but doubted that many of my cool friends would get my nerdy sci-fi reference there. and collectively, i will call them the children of the corn. plus, i changed our family and friends names to initials for the most part. i also plan to change the name of the blog...maybe.....if i can think of something.

so as i was editing the posts....i was also reading. i used to be fairly entertaining. ok, maybe not like, kimmel or conan funny....but at least relevant and somewhat witty. and then the children of the corn took over my blog like they did my life!!!

so i am going to try to post more often, and i am going to be trying to mix it up. ideas from other blogs. lists. random thoughts or things i noticed, and wanted to talk about with an adult (or grown up...or older than 10...audience). current events. recipes. things i nailed (or failed) from pinterest. maybe some school stuff.

but of course, the children of the corn will make regular appearances. how can they not take up a bunch of space on my blog, when they take up so much space in my heart ? (and take up so much time...and money....and patience....and sleep....haha)